OA15' - Tv Show Pastran - Artificial Intelligence
Think global, act local..... Be GLOCAL...!!!
GLOBAL AI: Investments 2012, 500M$ versus 2016 5Billions$, Artificial intelligence is a booming field, with revenue up 59 percent in 2017 to $12.5 billion, according to International Data Corporation forecasts. IDC expects the AI market to surpass $46 billion in sales in 2020.
- USA: more than 50 universities with AI programs, more than 5000 startup in the past 5 year
- CHINA: giants like Baidu, Tencent and Didi Chuxing opened artificial intelligence labs in America, as have some Chinese start-ups. Over the past six years, Chinese investors helped finance 51 American artificial intelligence companies, contributing to the $700 million raised, according to the recent Pentagon report. why China is so well placed, computing power and capital. Chinese firms, from giants such as Alibaba and Tencent to startups such as CIB FinTech and UCloud, are building data centres as fast as they can
- UK Between 2014 and 2016, 111 AI-related companies in the U.K. raised $342 million in venture capital, There were 8 AI-related exits in that time worth a combined $900 million
- FRANCE By the numbers, France lags the U.K. During that same period, 33 AI-related companies in France raised $108 million. There were three exits worth about $22 million, according to Benaich’s data. France has created STATION F world biggest startup cluster with more than 3000 computers space for the first phase
- in 2016, AMAZON uses 45,000 robots transportation, Alibaba similar
- website creation is automatic with Wix AI engine
- Luminance analizes in 3minutes what a human brain is reading in 15,000hours of work (anomaly detection, machine learning…)
- SocialMatters with AI and 500$/month is driving your social media management (statistics and lead generation)
Challenges according to OA:
- Be conscious,
- Prepare the change
- Learn to learn
- Use technologies and networks to jump into the race
- Use talents and make it collaborative
- Regulate with public sector for security and ethic
- Kill the usual development process which is imposing regular steps (Fix vs wimax in Africa)
And for Nicaragua?
- Just have a look to what White Shark has done with more than 200 certified experts in Google technology
- Imagine what could be done in the agri-business with sensors connected to AI systems to improve productivity and effectiveness in the agriculture improvement process that Nicaragua is moving forward...